Thursday, December 13, 2012

Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Description: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…




Language: Heavy
Violence: Moderate/Heavy
Sexual: Moderate

   I have several different emotions souring through me after reading this book. Anticipation, adoration, the need for more, and an even stronger love for the story itself and Daemon and Katy; nothing was boring to me and there were only a few typos in the eBook version, which I forced myself to ignore and focus on the greatness of the overall book.
   There were so many things I want to point out, but that would be spoiling the whole thing for you guys. But it’s so hard not to gush about it! I mean, just think about it. Daemon: he’s his amazing and arrogant self who will make you wish you had a Daemon of your own just to cuddle with, despite the fact that he’s an alien. Oh, and Katy? She’s even feistier. Just register all of this.
   Overall, this book will keep you on the edge of your seat, but at the same time releasing a breath you hadn’t known you’d been holding.

Cover: I love all the covers! The models on the cover (aka Pepe Toth and Sztella Tziotziosz) resemble the characters I’ve imagined as Katy and Daemon extremely well. The couple looks very well together, and I really like the background as well as not just the models.

Setting: West Virginia.

Characters: It’s pretty obvious who my favorite character is: Daemon. Oh, Daemon. Who wouldn’t like him? The reason I like him is because, well… Daemon is Daemon. The sarcastic, charming Daemon. And I don’t like him just because he’s hot. Even though he can be rude and definitely envious, it’s almost impossible for most people not to fall for him, much like Katy did (another one of my favorite characters, who is feisty and somewhat relatable), even though she denies it through most of the book, which I found quite annoying.

Storyline: Onyx starts right where Obsidian leaves off. The entire storyline I found was awesome and flowed really well. Very suspenseful and intriguing, but I will say no more because no one likes a spoiler.

Writing: I absolutely adore the writing style of this! It makes me never want to stop reading the book, but once it’s finished, I’m begging for more.

Surprises: There were quite a few things I didn’t see coming laid out sporadically throughout the book, ones that made my jaw drop. There was rarely a dull moment in this story—heck, in this series in itself—but this is to be expected.

Overall: 5 stars! Once again, Jennifer L. Armentrout does not disappoint. She is one of my all-time favorite authors, one who you can be guaranteed will have a great and intriguing romance, an interesting and thrilling story, and loveable and wonderful characters included in her novels.

Recommended: I would recommend this book for anyone who loves a unique alien story, and any sci-fi or paranormal lovers! Even if you don’t like aliens, this book changed my liking of them and it’s possible to change yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment